Monday, December 8, 2008

Used Hohner 265 double bass harmonica

I long tried to learn to play harmonica - but never got it down. Once
in a while a I pick up one and blow a few notes and try to imagine
myself wailing the blues....

I've sold a few harmonicas over the years, but this one blew me away
when I saw it and heard it. It's the Hohner 265 chromatica bass
instrument: looking like to large harmonicas hinged together. The box
is marked in German "chromatische Bass-Harmonika."

This must be the most expensive harmonica made: New these have a list
price of over $1,300 and retail for about $950. I've placed my used
one on Ebay for less than half that:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300278632435
- even if you have no desite to play one, you have to see the photos.
--